NDC Medicine platform - a website (www.ndcmedicine.com) intended for a moderated diagnostic discussion about difficult-to-solve Cases of patients between registered physicians, aiming to shorten the diagnostic process.
Case - the process of discussing a patient presented on the NDC Medicine platform. Every Case has a unique identification code marked in red at the bottom of the Case.
Presenter - a physician registered to NDC Medicine platform that presents a patient’s difficult-to-solve Case for a diagnostic discussion.
Peer - a physician registered to NDC Medicine platform that participates in a Case discussion.
Diagnostic Suggestion - a diagnosis for a Case suggested by a Peer to a Presenter, and evaluated by a Moderator.
Moderator - a physician member of the NDC Medicine team who is responsible for a proper Case discussion. The Moderator supports the Case from beginning to end: helping the Presenter finalize the Case presentation, sourcing the best Diagnostic Suggestions in the discussion and connecting the Presenter with the right expert medical center to test the diagnosis.
Coins - Points that all physicians who are registered to the NDC Medicine platform can earn, spend or purchase and are collected in their personal treasure chest. They determine their rank on the website. Learn more about our points policy.
Instructions for the case Presenter
1. The first stage in NDC Medicine’s discussion process is posting a case. Go to Case Board> Add a case.
- Keep the medical confidentiality of the patient- It is an absolute requirement for posting on our platform. Make sure all the identifying personal data (name, date of birth, postal address, etc.) are removed from the textual and visual content of the case. When publishing photos, refrain from taking pictures of the face, or process them so that only important details for discussion are clearly visible. If possible, avoid recognizable parts (tattoos, jewelry) in photos of other parts of the body.
- Our platform uses a problem-oriented approach for patient presentation. You may find a description of this method here (Credit: Manuswath K.B).
- List all your patients’ health abnormalities which you have discovered. Choose one of them as the main problem and sign it in the “Presenting Symptom” field. If you are not sure how to define it, use the patient's chief concern as a main problem. You'll get feedback from the Moderator soon after your publication. The Moderator may help you define a main problem, and ask to add important data to your presentation.
Instructions for Peers solving cases
After confirming your registration, you become a full participant of the diagnostic process in the NDC Medicine platform. Use this opportunity to develop your diagnostic skills and help your Peers worldwide solve challenging mystery cases.
In the first stage of the case discussion:
- Choose a Case in accordance with your interests and specialty by browsing in the Case Board’s search bar. Use filters like age and symptoms to look for more specific cases.
- In the case thread, post any questions regarding the patient or ask to add a result of another test that you see as important in order to find the right diagnosis. Every message will be checked by the case Moderator in order to exclude offensive statements or messages containing diagnostic suggestions- As part of our method, the diagnoses need to be sent privately by clicking on "Suggest a possible diagnosis" found at the top of each case. Any new diagnostic assumption suggested by a peer will be collected by the Moderator and will be included to the final stage of discussion.
- One week before the end of the first stage of the case discussion, you will receive a message about it. Use this last opportunity to pitch another brilliant idea!
If your assumption was included in the final stage of the discussion:
- You will participate in a special process for choosing of best diagnostic suggestion.