Joining NDC and using it is Free in its first stage. However, NDC activity is based on points. These points are called Coins.
Personal Treasure Chest
The coins are gathered in a personal Treasure Chest (A virtual bank of points) each doctor receives when subscribing to our platform. Doctors will receive 2000 starting points that will allow them to present cases and/or give diagnostic assumptions in cases. You cannot waste more that you have in your personal treasure chest, but you can earn it.
Collective Treasure Chest
Each case on the case board has a Collective Treasure Chest- A virtual bank of points that defines the prize value of diagnosing the case. It starts at 1000 coins, and grows along the diagnostic odyssey.
How Do I use my points?
How do I win points?
- Being the first physician to give the right diagnosis for a case, you win all the treasure banked in the case's Collective Treasure Chest.
- The prize total in the Collective Treasure Chest divides between all crewmembers who were the first to give each diagnostic assumption.
- BONUS coins- NDC rewards with extra coins the doctors who:
- Present cases well (detailed and enriched with data).
- Ask smart questions
- Helpfully collaborate in multiple cases
These points are automatically added to your personal treasure chest when preforming these actions.
Your case can also get promoted on the site- Writing a well presented case earns BONUS coins to your case's Collective Treasure Chest! This encourages more doctors to diagnose your patient and win the total prize.
The coins are non-transferable between physicians in NDC. You must earn them yourself.
For any other questions regarding points policy, feel free to contact us!